Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brownie Trifle

Last week we celebrated my big brother's birthday.  I love it when my brother has a birthday. Not just because he is the best brother I have (being the only brother I have cuts down the competition) and I love his taste in desserts.  His favorite is Brownie Trifle.  Now since I dubbed my birthday cake "Heaven on a Fork" this would be "Heaven in a Trifle dish".

Brownie Trifle
1 (19.8oz) package fudge brownie mix
3 (3.9oz) packages chocolate instant pudding
1 (12oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
6 (1.4oz) English toffee flavored candy bars, crushed

Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions in a 9x13 baking pan. Cool brownies, and cut into small pieces.
Prepare 3 packages pudding mix according to package directions, using a total of 4 cups of milk instead of 6 cups, and omitting chilling procedure.
Place 1/3 of the brownie pieces in a 3-quart trifle bowl: top with 1/3 each of pudding, whipped topping, and crushed candy bars.
Repeat layers twice using remaining ingredients, ending with crushed candy bars. Cover and chill trifle at least 8 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...I don't suppose there are any leftovers? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to hearing from y'all, just remember your southern manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...