Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

Well the first month of 2012 is behind us.  Have you broken your New Years resolution yet?  If you haven't, give yourself a pat on the back! Statistics show that 58% of people break their New Years resolution after only one month. Statistics also show that 43% of statistics are made-up on the spot, not that is the case here...

All kidding aside, I really enjoyed reading about all of the goals y'all have set for yourselves, and  I sincerely hope that you achieve everyone of them.

I have been working on my list, and to be honest having some trouble.  There are so many things I want to do.  Thinking over this has brought me to my biggest goal this year.  More than ever before, I want to seek the Lord's will.  I realize that my time at home is ticking away, and I want to make every minute count.  I want to make sure that I am "redeeming the time".

I put some things down on a list and thought I would share them with you.

Goals for 2012
-Read through the Bible, and journal it this time
-Begin learning a new language
-Memorize Proverbs 31
-Visit a new state
-Redecorate the girls bedroom
-Listen more, talk less
-Focus and complete tasks
-Be a good role model for my sisters
-Go to a football game
-Read 24 books
-Celebrate my 20th birthday
-Redesign my blog
-Make memories
-Take on more responsibilities
-Start baking bread regularly
-Write a letter to someone I admire
-Learn to make French Knots
-Clean out...everything!
-Organize and inventory our massive DVD collection
-Organize and inventory our even more massive book collection
-Volunteer with 3 different organizations
-Send a care package to a soldier
-Write letters to people that have touched my life
-Watch a sunrise from the rooftop
-Start writing that classic movie guide
-Take a ballroom dance class
-Create a recipe section
-Buy red shoes
-Reach 100 followers
-Get my drivers license
-Run a race, any race.
-Visit an Art Gallery
-Cook one thing out of all the cookbooks on my shelf

Well that is my list. Now I'm off to finish it...after I finish this cookie!

Love y'all,
The Southern Homemaker

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your list; it's a wonderful one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I really like your resolutions! It would be jolly fun to take a ballroom dance class. :D

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to hearing from y'all, just remember your southern manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...