Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011-A Year in Review

2011 has been a very memorable year for me and my family.  From political campaigns to eye surgery, a new blog and new friends, I think that 2011 may go down as one of the most memorable years in my life (so far).

The year started out with me waking up on January 4th with an idea to start a blog. I still find it hard to believe that it has almost been a year since I started this blog.

January also brought some medical drama into our family, as Dad had emergency eye surgery to keep his sight. 

February saw the beginning of a baking business and several other adventures for our family.
March brought about my favorite annual tradition, the Vision Forum Ministries Father Daughter Retreat.  We had such a wonderful weekend that it took 4 posts to cover it all. (click here for post 1, post 2, post 3 & post 4).
April was a quiet month, but May was very exciting.
In May we went to the beach for the first time in 9yrs! I had forgotten how much I loved the shore!  One of my favorite memories of the trip was watching my sisters reaction when they saw the ocean for the first time.  We also went to The Lady & Sons in Savannah.  In a word...YUM!
June was a wonderful, peaceful month.  We spent the long summer days canning, enjoying the summer's bounty and just living the good life.
July was yet another hot wonderful month.  I find that the "uneventful" months are often the best.  With time to rest, spend time with God and spend time with family.
I spent the majority of August training my blogging/photography assistant.
September saw the baby of our family turn two. It also was a great month on Southern Homemaking with over 60 entries in our giveaway.
October (my favorite month) was one large baking marathon!  Some of the stand-outs were Apple Pie, our favorite Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies.
November centered around one thing CAMPAIGNING!!! 
And that brings us here to December.  Well we have all been under the weather this month, hence not much to post.  Thankfully we are all on the mend now and ready to run into 2012 head on!

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me.

Here is to many more wonderful memories in 2012!! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the one-year anniversary of your blog. You have done a great job and it has been a blessing reading about your sweet family. I've especially enjoyed your fabulous Friday Finds.
    I hope you all feel better soon. May the Lord bless you abundantly in the New Year.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to hearing from y'all, just remember your southern manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...